Over the next few months, the Fibrous Dysplasia Foundation is very interested in adding Directors to the Foundation’s Board of Directors who are able to bring particular skills to the organization. If you match one or more of the bullets below, the Foundation is extremely interested in your application. The Foundation also encourages motivated individuals who do not fit these descriptions to apply as well.
Individuals with the ability to help shape the Foundation’s research programs
- Working knowledge and appreciation of diverse types of research related to human biology, including observational science, basic science, and randomly controlled trials.
- Ability to moderate discussions among the Foundation’s advisory councils, including ability to extract recommendations and insights.
- Adequate interpersonal skills to assist in growing the network of researchers involved in in the research initiatives of FD/MAS, cherubism and related diseases, including participation in councils, consortia, and other collaborations.
- Ability to help craft policies that are fair and foster respect for our organization from researchers and from donors.
- Personal connections to the FD/MAS community, through personal diagnosis, familial connection, or history of patient care.
Individuals with the ability to assist with the Foundation’s financials
- Willingness to learn, act in accordance with, and suggest improvements to the Foundation’s accounting processes and internal controls.
- Ability to prepare monthly statements of financial position, monthly reconciliations of bank statements, quarterly variance analyses, and similar reconciliations.
- Ability to select and monitor the vendors and volunteers responsible for payroll, tax filings and bookkeeping.
Individuals with any of the following backgrounds
- Multiple years of experience on a nonprofit board, ideally including significant experience leading or participating in strategic planning processes
- Human resources background, such as experience in benefits evaluation and selection, succession planning, recruiting, contracting and employee evaluation processes.
- Individuals who are currently practicing physicians, or are recently retired clinicians.
- Individuals who are highly motivated to improve the fundraising programs of the Foundation, by collaborating with others to improve the Foundation’s fundraising strategy, and by modeling leadership in fundraising.
If you are interested, or know someone who might be a good fit, please email Nomination Committee Chair Spitzi Barnicle at barnicle1 AT comcast DOT net. Thank you!
The Fibrous Dysplasia Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion/creed, gender, age, national or ethnic origin, disability or personal appearance, marital status or family responsibility, sexual orientation, political affiliation, citizenship states or military status.