In the June of 2019 the International Consortium of FD/MAS Researchers published Best practice management guidelines for fibrous dysplasia/McCune-Albright syndrome: a consensus statement from the FD/MAS international consortium in Orphanet Journal of Rare Diseases. FDF has been involved with this publication from the very first draft, ensuring that patient perspectives were taken in to account. The result is an updated and improved guide for patients, caregivers and clinicians managing the fibrous dysplasia and McCune-Albright syndrome (FD/MAS).
Treatment Guidelines and Flowcharts
Previous Treatment Guidelines used research to create a checklist of sorts for patient care. This updated version combines the research and checklist formats in to one document: This links to the Clinical Pathway in full.
Additional files included at the end of the full article provide flowcharts for patients and clinicians to follow:
- Fibrous Dysplasia and McCune-Albright Syndrome: A Checklist for Patients and Doctors.
- Flowcharts Skeletal Evaluation.
- Flowcharts Management of Bone Pain.
- Flowchart for MAS Endocrine Care.
- Flowcharts for Surgical Management of Proximal Femur.
- Flowcharts for Craniofacial FD Management.